Family Advocacy Ministry
Family Advocacy Ministry (FAM) exists to strengthen and support foster, adoptive, and biological families in crisis by creating a community that provides wrap-around care to these families.
"Give justice to the weak and the fatherless;
maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute.
Rescue the weak and the needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”
Because kids belong in families.
Here is what you need to know!
Family Advocacy Ministry (FAM) exists to strengthen and support foster, adoptive, and biological families in crisis by creating a community that provides wrap-around care to these families. This choice to foster or adopt can be daunting and overwhelming. Restoration Church of Sanford offers meaningful support to each family through the creation of a Care Community group that serves these families in specific ways. 50% of families who choose to foster a child drop out within the first year. With support from a few others, the dropout rate falls to less than 5%!
When a Care Community group provides practical and meaningful support to the family, they contribute security and a sense of permanence to the vulnerable child. Everyone can do something!
What are the ways that you can support a FAM Care family?
1. Provide a meal each month
2. Provide transportation to appointments, events, and other commitments
3. Assist in daily tasks like cleaning, dishes, laundry, and yardwork
4. Babysit to give Mom and Dad a break
5. Pray with and for your family
6. Be a mentor to a child
7. Alleviate stress from families who are discipling and shepherding children from hard places by being present and saying “yes” when you can
8. Let the family know they are not alone in the journey
Your Next Steps
1. Commit to being a difference-maker in the lives of a FAM Care family
2. Reach out to us to let us know of your interest to join FAM Care